Saturday, February 24, 2007

Marketing Stuff

That's what I've been mostly doing for the past year. Not all that successfully but hey, as each month goes by I get a little closer to being comfortably poor again.

I've been playing with those fancy DHTML popups today ... the ones you use to entice visitors to join your mailing list. It's a much better look than the junky form I had on my mail page.

I have to admit that when it comes to software, I'm fairly picky. Being a developer myself it's easy to separate the poor quality applications from the ones that someone actually took some time with. Useability is everything and in Internet marketing I'd have to say that I think it has the highest percentage of really poorly designed software. I guess it's the lure of making a fast buck. people put software out there without spending any serious development time ... they just want a fast buck.

This DHTML popup software I've been using is far better than anything else I've seen. It's called Dynamic Popup Generator. Not very imaginitive in the naming department, I agree, but it really is a very slick tool. Easy to use and plenty of options. Just how I like it!

No comments: